Dry Mouth symptoms vary from person to person and can range from being mild to severe.
Common symptoms may include dryness in the mouth, bad breath, chapped lips or waking up at night feeling thirsty*.
A dry mouth can also make eating difficult because saliva helps you taste, chew and digest food. Without enough saliva, simply eating a meal can become a challenge.
*Biotène® is not indicated for all of these symptoms.
Saliva Is Important For Your Oral Health Because It:
- Moisturizes and lubricates the mouth and prevents dehydration
- Aids digestion and taste
- Assists in speaking and swallowing
- Maintains oral pH balance and tooth integrity
- Has antimicrobial properties
- Helps protect the mouth's soft tissue
RECOGNIZING DRY MOUTH
Dry Mouth can be uncomfortable and bothersome, but more importantly, it can impact your Oral Health. If left untreated, Dry Mouth may result in a greater risk of oral problems such as cavities and mouth infections.* Once you learn more about Dry Mouth, you can begin to get relief. By the time you notice symptoms, you’re likely to have already lost half of the naturally protective saliva in your mouth.
Don't Ignore Your Dry Mouth. Understand the Facts.
- Medications are the #1 cause of Dry Mouth.
- Dry Mouth may be linked to an underlying medical condition.
- Dry Mouth can increase your risk of oral problems such as bad breath, cavities and mouth infections.*
- You can easily manage your Dry Mouth with Biotène® moisturizing products.
*Biotène not indicated for mouth infections.
Dry Mouth can affect one in four adults and is most common in those who take multiple medications.